igubal® flange bearings
igubal® flange bearings have been developed for supporting the centre or ends of shafts.
The housing is made from igumid G, an extremely impact-resistant, long-fibre-reinforced polymer. Suitable for temperatures from -30 °C to +80 °C in long-term use.
Here, the spherical ball is made from iglidur® J material, which is known for its low moisture absorption, low coefficients of friction during dry operation and an extremely low tendency to stick-slip. This is especially important for low loads and very slow movements.
Typical application areas
- Easy installation
- Compensation of misalignment errors
- Absolutely corrosion-resistant
- Very lightweight
- Maintenance-free dry operation
- Plant construction
- Agricultural machines
- Mechanical engineering
- Food industry
You will find plenty of additional application areas at our [Link id="9"]
|When to use it?|
- If chemical resistance is required
- If a cost-effective option is required
- If you need dirt-resistant bearings
- To adjust misalignments
|When not to use it?|
- If temperatures are higher than +80 °C
- If an integrated adjusting ring is required
- If diameters above 30 mm are required
- If rotation speeds higher than 0.5 m/s are required
Since igubal® flange bearings are designed for maintenance-free dry operation, they are especially suitable for applications in which access to the bearing is limited, in moist or wet environments or clean room environments. As a result, igubal® flange bearings are used for instance in wash-brush controls, in facade sunscreen systems, in material handling technology and in bakery equipment. Assembly
The 2-hole igubal® flange bearings are provided with elongated holes that facilitate a trouble-free readjustment. A precise alignment of the bearing housing is not required as the flange bearing automatically compensates for error. Special adjusting rings can be used to fix the shaft.